Tuesday 10 April 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I know, I know. It's April. 

I found this list while searching for something I wrote a while ago, and thought I should definitely share it. I've even managed to achieve some things on the list, if not in full, then at least in part. 

I wrote a guest post on Trichotillomania, depression, and other "invisible illnesses" on madambipolar, which went live today. Go take a look if you're interested.

So, here are my rather belated New Year's resolutions! I'm glad I've actually started inching my way towards achieving my goals - I think I actually set myself some realistic ones this year!



New Year's Resolutions 2012


+ Start running every day, even just a little bit. [I walk every day, so I guess that counts?]

+ Cook delicious foods both healthy and decadent. Attempt new things as often as is feasible. [Yes!]

+ Make more craft. Specifically, a giant rainbow rug, an elf beanie for Indigo to wear in winter, tie-dyeing some stuff and a large amount of fabric, and sewing clothes. Anything else I manage to achieve is a bonus. Ideally, I want everyything we own to be handmade and unique, but I understand that this goal may take more than a year to achieve!

+ Play with Indy and interact with her as much as I can when I'm not working, but I shouldn't stress if we're both too tired to do more than go through the motions every now and then. She'll love me no matter what, and I need to cut myself some slack. [I play as much as possible, and cut myself as much slack as possible, so I should cut myself slack about cutting myself slack!]

+ Update blog regularly and have fun with it! Meet other bloggers online and in person, and make some new friends with interests in common. [Working on it!]

+ Find some way to raise money for trichotillomania awareness/research, and write a post about my experiences with trich. [I've written two posts now, one for my blog, and one for Madam Bipolar]

+ Get back my pre-baby body - size 8, 57kg. If I'm happy with how I look before this target weight, I will also consider it a success. [I've lost 20kgs, which is nothing to sneeze at. Another 15 and I'll be at my goal weight!]

+ Attempt to "cure" my nail-biting and trichotillomania through sheer willpower and a whole lot of support. [Trich is getting better, but the nails are shocking!]

+ Keep the house as clean and clutter-free as much as is possible when a baby lives in the house. [Yes!]

+ Save enough money to buy a car. [My amazing grandma generously gave me a car!!! Thank you Pat!!!]

+ Make more mum-friends. [Yes!]


I think all that is enough to do in one year! If you come back regularly to this link from the front page, check if I've crossed anything off my list, and hassle me to get on with it if I don't do anything for a while.

What are your 2012 resolutions? Have you achieved any yet?

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I have really enjoyed reading your blog! Welcome to the bloggersphere! I am more of a crafter blogger, but i am also work in mental health and you have raised awareness with me - re trich and I have discussed this at work and some of my colleagues had their awareness raised too! SO well done - enjoy your little one and new life. I will pop on over again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're getting something out of my blog, and it means so much that you're helping me raise trich awareness! Thank you! xoxox Hope you're having an awesome day/night!

    ReplyDelete